Lieutenant
Lieutenant

How do I create a test case status report for any particular Execution Planning regression build?

In Silk Central, we have a monthly build where we duplicate the previous month's regression test set.  It looks like some of the testers are changing the top level test case status from NOT RUN to PASSED or FAILED- rather than clicking through each of the detailed test steps. 

When I use the pre-configured Test Case status report, it will only provide me with the most recent month's test case Execution Status details.  I want to run an Execution Report for:  Jan 2019, Feb 2019, March 2019, etc. but it only seems to be showing me the most current month's execution report. 

From the Tracking tab, I am finding test sets not being 'Finished' and these seem to be affecting my Test Case Status (detailed or summary) for each month.  If I try to 'Finish' any test cases/sets in the Tracking tab that have not been completed- it will overwrite the previous month's execution status (i.e.  test cases that have been marked Passed or Failed from January to June will now show as 'Not Run').

Can someone help me to figure out how to run these monthly status reports, as well as help me understand the relationship between the Tracking Tab and Execution Planning test folders so that I can clean up things without losing test case status?

1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @ShoreUser,

Which report do you mean? Could you please provide the name of the report or post a screenshot?

What do you mean with "duplicate the previous month's regression test set"? Do you start a new run of the execution plan? Do you copy the execution plan?

Are these not "Finished" runs from the tracking view still relevant? Would aborting these runs be an option?

The Tracking view provides an overview about what is going on in the current project. Which execution plans are scheduled to run next. Shows which execution plans are running. Lists the recently finished execution plans.

http://documentation.microfocus.com/help/topic/com.microfocus.sctm.doc/SCTM-11F22277-ACTIVITIESPAGE-REF.html?cp=9_0_0_1_5_1_0_10

The execution planning tree has two views. The details view is used to manage the execution plans. The document view provides a view of properties and latest run results.

http://documentation.microfocus.com/help/topic/com.microfocus.sctm.doc/SCTM-0CF19C35-EXECUTIONDOCUMENTVIEW-REF.html?cp=9_0_0_1_4_3_3

Regards,

Hubert

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.