Raghavan_S Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

How to add/associate multiple libraries to a keyword driven test in SilkCentral?

Hi,

I have several classes created in Silk4J and have created keyword groups for each of these classes based on their functionalities. I am looking to associate all these keyword libraries to a single keyword driven test in SilkCentral. Is this feature available in SilkCentral 19.0 ? If not, is there any workaround by which I can achieve this?

Regards,

Raghavan.S

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: How to add/associate multiple libraries to a keyword driven test in SilkCentral?

You can't mix different libraries in one test. You could group the keywords by using the annotation "@KeywordGroup" and put all in one library.

Best Regards,
Sebastian
0 Likes
Raghavan_S Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

RE: How to add/associate multiple libraries to a keyword driven test in SilkCentral?

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply. I have created keyword groups as you have mentioned and all of them are in one single library. This library will be shared across projects as a common library.However there are certain functions/keywords which should be visible only to a particular project . How can we achieve this? At present we have options to edit the visibility of the entire library only and it is not specific to the keyword groups. This was the challenge which led me to think about associating multiple libraries to a test in the first place. Please do let me know if you have any workarounds or suggestions.

Regards,
Raghavan.S
0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi Raghavan,

it is not possible to change the visibility for certain keywords/groups.

Maybe you could do the following:
- have one code base for the common keywords (CommonLib) and one for the special ones (SpecialLib)
- generate and upload the library CommonLib
- generate the SpecialLib containing all common keywords plus the special ones and upload it
- set the visibility for the SpecialLib as needed

With the approach the code for common keywords is not duplicated and you can add special keywords for certain projects.

Best Regards,
Sebastian
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.