Lieutenant
Lieutenant

How to get execution plan run ID using web services or REST API?

Hi,

It is great that Silk Central version 19 offers REST API to get status of the test run base on execution plan run ID, but how we could get the execution plan run ID using web services or REST API in the first place? 

Appreciate if anyone could help. 

Tags (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi ZechChin,

You can explore the REST API through an interactive documentation on the machine where Silk Central is installed by navigating to the URL [host]:[port][/instance]/Services1.0/swagger-ui.html, for example localhost:19120/.../swagger-ui.html (for instance, check help-topic "External Executions")

If you check "Execution Plan Runs API Controller" API, this provides you a functionaity to return information about the currently running execution plans. As response an array of execution plan runs is returned, doing a GET call on "/execution/executionplanruns".

Is that what you need?

Regards
Michael
0 Likes
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply. I have explored the REST API and found that response from a GET call on "execution/executionplanruns" only returns information about current execution runs, which it does not happen in my case as my test runs within minute and the result immediately reflected on Last Execution section.

Anyway to overcome this?
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi ZechChin,

Yes that's true, GET call on "execution/executionplanruns" returns information about the currently running execution plans, not finished ones.

How do you start your execution plans? Do you start them via the REST-API?

You can also start an execution plan via the REST API using the POST call "execution/executionplanruns" (check the Swagger UI for details). As response you get a json array with details about the started execution plan run; You also get the execution plan run-id in this response.

Regards
Michael
0 Likes
Cadet 3rd Class Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

@Michael Kern  @ZechChin 

I need somethign similar to this but not exact and i can't find anything in the rest or soap services to do this.  I want to lookup the last ExecutionRunID for a execution plan. 

In my scenario I'm kicking of the execution plan via a Soap call.  There is a possibility that the plan failed for some network reason and then we would manually re run this (generating a new executionrunid).  I want to be able to look at the latest run of that plan, not necesarilly the one the Web Service crated.  As long as the plan passed i want to move forward. 

Thanks, 

Greg

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.