Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to import or execute Keyword-Driven Test created in SilkTest to/From Silk Central?

I have created many keyword-driven test in SilkTest.  These Keyword-Driven Tests uses keywords are created in .Net Test Script.  I could import all these Keywords to Silk Central and I could assign .Net Test Script in Silk Central.  But I could not find a way to see all these Keyword-Driven Test created in SilkTest from SilkCentral. I hate to re-create all these Keyword-Driven Test in Silk Central.  I must have look at the wrong place.  Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks

0 Likes
11 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi tangrick,

With the next release of Silk Central (18.0) the API will be extended to be able to import and export keyword-driven tests.

Regards,
Hubert
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks. I have got the hotfix. I can assign Keywords Driven test to test in SilkCentral now. It works.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi tangrick,

Would you please provide more details how to you succeed to do it? i'm using silk4j
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi arabelsi,

For Silk4J you would need to use the upload keyword library method. This is part of the SilkTest menu in Eclipse. This will then make all the keywords available to Silk Central.

At this point, they can be used to build tests out based on the keywords defined in Silk4J.

For fully uploading keyword tests from Eclipse we currently have a story on this with our development team, if you would like we can add you to this as well. You just need to log a support incident and we can associate your company with this story and provide any updates on this to you.

If you have any questions let us know.

Thanks,
Matthew
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your reply
would you please suggest how can i validate a keyword library before upload on silk central?
in other terms, can i execute silk central tests using a non uploaded library?

Regards,
Ahmed
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If you just want to execute the existing keyword-driven tests in Silk Central you can do this using the JUnit test type.
Please see the help topic "Executing Silk4J/Silk4NET Keyword-Driven Tests Without Uploading a Library" how this can be done.

Once executed, you can right-click the test and select Convert to Test Package to get a package structure showing all Silk Test keyword-driven tests that were found in the classpath.

Regards,
Sebastian
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Sebastien,

My keyword driven tests are stored in silk central and i want to execute them from silk central but using a non uploaded library. Was it feasible?

Thanks
Ahmed
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Ahmed,

keyword-driven tests that are maintained in Silk Central need a uploaded library. This can be done directly from the Silk Test clients. If you do not want to manually upload the library every time it is modified you can also automate this step, eg. on your build server.
How this is done is described in the help topic "Uploading a Keyword Library from the Command Line".

Regards,
Sebastian
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Sebastian,

The target is to validate existing tests using the new library before upload on silk central.
How can i do it?

Thanks
Ahmed
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Silk Test will validate this and shows a warning if uploading breaks an existing test. Eg. if you remove a used keyword:

It shows which tests will break and then you can decide if you still want to upload or fix the library.

Best Regards,

Sebastian

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Sebastian,

it seems that there is no way to execute tests using a non uploaded library.

Thanks for your help
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.