Highlighted
Raghavan_S Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

How to modify the data source excel limit to more than 100 rows when using SilkCentral Web?

Jump to solution

I am usinf SilkCentral 17.5 Web. my project requires having more than 100 rows in my excel data source for my non-automic SilkCentrral tests. I went throught the below link which has steps to modify the default limits but it is for SilkCentral desktop client version and not web. Could you please let me know how to proceed?

Reference link :https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Silk-Central-Knowledge-Base/Changing-Default-Integration-Limit-for-Requirements-Source/ta-p/1747516

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: How to modify the data source excel limit to more than 100 rows when using SilkCentral Web?

Jump to solution

Yes, the setting can only be changed at server machine.

Hubert

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: How to modify the data source excel limit to more than 100 rows when using SilkCentral Web?

Jump to solution

Hi Raghavan_S,

You can do this in file TMAppServerHomeConf.xml with values for Config/DataDriven/MaxRows and Config/DataDriven/MaxRowsAtomic. Please follow these steps:

1. On your Silk Central host open file

C:\Program Files (x86)\Silk\Silk Central 17.5\instance_1_silk\Conf\AppServer\TMAppServerHomeConf.xml

(if you are using a different instance please replace "instance_1_silk" with the appropriate instance id.

2. Edit value for key

Config\DataDriven\MaxRows

or

Config\DataDriven\MaxRowsAtomic

and set it to the appropriate value, save the file.

3. Still on the host machine go to http://localhost:19100 and restart the AppServer service of your instance.

Please mind that a very high number of data rows can slow down performance of Silk Central.

Regards,

Hubert

0 Likes
Raghavan_S Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Hubert,

Thanks for the response.We dont use the SilkCentral client and access it via the web link.Hence i will not have the xml files mentioned to modify. I suppose these setting would be controlled centrally for our organisation and i would have to take it up with them to check if the default settings can be modified.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Yes, the setting can only be changed at server machine.

Hubert

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.