Commander
Commander

How to remove the <html> tags from extracted test scripts in excel for Silk Central v19

Hello,
Hoping you could assist? We are trying to extract test scripts from Silk Central v19 into excel, but the extracted scripts are embedded in <html> tags, and is totally unreadable.

Is there a tool or function available for Silk v19 we could use to remove all the <html> tags from the exported test scripts ?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @Lynda321 

Do you use the action "Export to Excel" for the export? This action does not change the HTML formatting to allow you to use the Excel file for import/update with the same description.

Could you give some more background? What do you do with the exported tests/steps?

Regards,
Hubert

0 Likes
Commander
Commander

Hi @Hubert Inreiter 

Yes, we are using the "Export to Excel" option. We have noticed that this issue occurs when the scripts being exported from Silk contains any type of font formats e.g. bold, underline, italics, tables, bullet points etc. The <html> tags then appears within all the exported scripts.

Is there a tool or query we could use to remove all of these <html> tags ?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @Lynda321 ,

What do you do with the exported tests?

I ask because there is no such tool within SC. However, if you want to run these tests, you could use the download for offline execution function in the "Manual Tests Assigned to Me" panel. This will create an Excel for a running test with the tags removed.

Regards,

Hubert 

0 Likes
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

We just upgraded to Silk Central v20 an I was hoping there was a better answer for this since we would like to review the tests before they are deployed in order to update the test cases before they are added to an execution plan and deployed.

There are other issues created when you export to run manually -- another run id is created when you update the test cases online and then metrics get all messed up with two instances per test.

I thought I saw a comment that a fix for this was going to be part of the 15.5 upgrade but apparently not.  Is there an option in Excel that would let you reformat that column?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.