Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to trigger tests on Silk central from TeamCity ?

Hi,

There are references to trigger tests on Silk Central via SCTM plugin. Please advise how to trigger tests on Silk Central from TeamCity.

Thanks!

0 Likes
6 Replies

Hi,

Silk Central provides API calls to start Execution Plans in Silk Central - those are also used by the Jenkins integration.

In Silk Central go to Help > Documentation > Silk Central API Specification and check out the tmexecution webservice - it provides startExecution, getStateOfExecution, and getExecutionResult. With those methods you can start the execution, track it till its finished and then collect the results.

Regards,
Florian
Product Owner - Silk
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Florian,

Thank you for getting back. Do you have a road map for TeamCity-SCTM plugin ?

The reason I ask is that we have about 400 applications , creating axis client stub and mapping each JUnit test to Silk Central test could be quite tedious as I can imagine. We are looking for a simple and quick integration. Please advise.

Thanks!
0 Likes

Hi,

at the moment there are no short-term plans to integrate with TeamCity.

Please raise an RFE via support line - the more demand for this integration the bigger the likelihood that it is implemented.

Regards,
Florian
Product Owner - Silk
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Florian,

Are there any maven plugins for Silk that could run the silk tests making it agnostic to the actual CI server being used ?

Also, something similar with ant and gradle ?

Thanks.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Florian,

Do we have any workaround/Solution regarding the same i.e. triggering tests on Silk central from TeamCity.

Thanks.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.