Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How we can trigger test cycle RUN button automatically at particular time for overnight testing using silk central?

I have one requirement regarding silk central how I can trigger RUN button in silk central automatically?

Scenario:

Suppose I want to start test cycle at 2PM night without human interaction so how  it can be done using silk central 

0 Likes
8 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi SachinB,

You can schedule the execution plan to automtically run at the specifc time in Silk Central. In Silk Central, navigate to your execution plan, click on Schedule tab and you will see option to schedule the run.

Hope this suggestion help what you want.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can you please tell me in detail as I already tried using custom option but test cycle is starting but its not executing test cases always coming as Not Executed.

Thank you

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi SachinB,

There are two options for scheduling scripts, one as mentioned above uses a custom schedule on the execution plan itself.

The second is to create a schedule and use this. Both provide the same functionality but the when defining a schedule these can be re-used across multiple execution plans.

To create a schedule please follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to Execution Planning -> Schedules
2. Click New Schedule and define the time you want scripts to run plus the interval for all subsequent executions.
3. Save the schedule with a descriptive name such as daily 2 pm runs.
4. Once saved navigate back to Execution Planning -> Details View, to the execution plan you want to use.
5. On the schedule tab, select the global radio button, and from the dropdown select the schedule created in step 2 and 3.

Once you have the schedule associated you should ensure that you can select the execution server you want to run the tests on from the deployment tab.

This when then execute the scripts on this specific execution server based on this schedule, so you should ensure that the tests run successfully on this execution server first.

When the test runs completely you should get the result back which can be analyzed by viewing the log of the run itself, by selecting the run id. This will allow you to see any issues with the run to resolve these.

If you have any further issues with this let us know.

Thanks,
Matt
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Matt,

Thank you.

But I am not getting Execution Planning -> Schedules this option.

Can you please let me know if anything.

And by using custom schedule test cycle is getting triggered but no test is executing and as test cycle is executing properly if we execute it manually by pressing run button.

PFA attached screenshot.

Regards,

SachinB

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

This is an administrative privilege so looks like you do not have correct permissions to create g;obal schedules.

I would speak with your Silk Central admin, and ask for the following permissions:

- View system settings
Permission to view system settings.
- Manage system settings
Permission to create, edit, and delete system settings.

Do you have any messages in the results tab after the run has complete when using the custom schedule?

Thanks,
Matt
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Matt,

It not running only triggering the test cycle and status is coming as Not Executed always.

PFA screenshot.

Regards,

Sachin

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Sachin,

If you select the Run ID, for the test cases it will bring up more information for the specific run. In here you should see why the test case has this status of Not Executed.

You should see this in the messages section.

Thanks,
Matt
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Matt,

Thank you so much for your response, issue is resolved it was due to assigned keywords in deployment tab.

Regards,
Sachin
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.