Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Integration Silk Central with SilkTest Classic - can use just one file?

Hello,

I'm doing the integration of SilkCentral with SilkTest Classic, but i can only put one file(.t/.g.t) into "SilkTest Classic Tests Properties"
For example: when i use 2 files for my SilkTestClassic project (frame.inc and myTest.g.t) not working.

someone can help me with this problem?

i want use many files in integration

Thanks,
Eduardo

0 Likes
4 Replies

Hi Eduardo,

typically the .t/.g.t files know their frame.inc.

Hence all you have to do is to specify the source control path of your source control profile/test container "high" enough in the hierarchy so that the whole structure is checked out.

Regards,

Florian

Product Owner - Silk
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Florian,

sorry about my ignorance, but what you means with souce control profile/test conainer "hight"?

I have my project folder(SilkTest Classic Project) into StarTeam (Source Control) and i associate this with my Test Container.

i read about use SilkTest Classic Plan and in this case i can associate my project file(.vtp), what's better? With Test Plan or with simple test?

it should be work? correct?

thank you, one more time.

Thanks,
Eduardo

0 Likes

Hi Eduardo,

I meant that you source control settings might be too restrictive and therefore the frame.inc is not checked out when executing your test.

But specifying your project folder should be ok - so long as the frame.inc is contained in there.

Did you specify anything specific regarding your frame.inc? If not - it has to be in the same folder as your .t file.

If it is not in the same folder then it has to be specified in the optionset file where it can be found. And the optionset file has then to be specified when creating the test in Silk Central.

It is hard to do in-depth analysis via this forum - maybe you can open a support case for this and our support team can do some analysis?

Regards,

Florian

Product Owner - Silk
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Florian, thanks for your help.

I'll review the options you said and try in every way to make it work.

If I can not make it work, I will open a support case for this.

Thanks,
Eduardo

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.