Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Integration between SCTM & JIRA?

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 02 March 2012]

Hi!

We have configured the ootb integration in SCTM for JIRA, and it works OK.

Are there any other integrations that provide a tighter, more bidirectional integration available, or are there any plans on improving the ootb integration?

What I am interested in is e g;
* a link in JIRA back to the execution plan/test script when I link an issue in SCTM
* a better UI for reporting bugs from within SCTM - the current one, e g, does not seem to honor mandatory fields?
* it would be quite handy to be able to easily link to SCTM from a JIRA issue (e g from a JIRA requirement or enhancement or task)
0 Likes
5 Replies

Hi,

every issue entered via SCTM contains a link to the appropriate test or execution plan it has been entered for.

The current Jira API does not allow the clear identification of mandatory or not mandatory fields therefore we show all fields. We hope that with the introduction of the REST API in Jira 5 this has been enhanced - we plan to adopt to this new API in the fall release of SCTM.

Regards,
Florian
Product Owner - Silk
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OK, thanks.

I just tried this, and it seems as if I there is a problem with the JIRA issue tracking profile and custome fields. I will contact customer support on this matter.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'm trying this again. So far, I don't see any substantial change in behavior of indication of mandatory fields. I followed the manual setting up the issue tracker integration to JIRA using just the JIRA URL (no specification of location of API) - is that correct?

Also, SCTM does not seem to fill in a field we use called "Confirmer" (at issue creation. this is set to the reporter by JIRA). Can this be done in SCTM as well?

Is it possible to pick what fields to show in the issue creation dialog?

Is it possible to defined the order/layout of the fields?

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Another observation: When creating an issue from within SCTM, the JIRA issue contains information about the execution plan name, test name, the step number and the step name, but not the step action description.

The action description would be very useful to be able to add to the issue since it would provide more context.

Also, it would be nice to be able to define additional template text to the issue description, for example (in the case of JIRA):

#

#

#

(/) Result:  

(x) Expected:

0 Likes

Hi,

did you set the "Show custom fields" property to true when creating the issue tracking profile?

(1) Pre-filling fields as done directly in Jira is not done by Silk Central - need to investigate if this logic can be triggered from external.

(2) It is not possible to pick fields - usually all mandatory fields are shown

(3) Order/Layout cannot be defined

(4) Action descriptions vary between customers from one line of text to several pages - hence the user can access the description with the link in the issue description while keeping the actual description of the issue clean and clear.

Regards,

Florian

Product Owner - Silk
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.