Absent Member.
Absent Member.

JUnit data-driven tests - is it possible?

Jump to solution

Hello ,

I have the following use case : manual data driven tests automated with JUnit (right click on the parent and use "automate with"). Everything seems to be correct - the JUnit configuration is copied to all the instances , also the parameters coming from my data source is available. When trying to run it - error: Can't find or load the main class or shell.

The very same JUnit test case (the same JUnit config) , but not converted from manual data-driven test is executed just fine.

Can you help?

Thanks,

Boris,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Hi Boris,

Thank you for coming back on this. As it is hard to tell what is wrong with the data source without having more information on configuration and content I'd like to ask you to open a support case on it.

We can then try to figure out what is the problem as well as how to improve the situation regarding the misleading error message.

Regards,
Hubert

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi , it has something to do with the data source . We've used another xls data source and the problem disappeared - what is still strange to me is why the error message doesn't help ... it is more into the direction of problem with the classpath , etc. but not the data source. Would be nice to know what kind of checks the SCTM does regarding the data source , before reporting this issue.. Thanks , Boris
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Hi Boris,

Thank you for coming back on this. As it is hard to tell what is wrong with the data source without having more information on configuration and content I'd like to ask you to open a support case on it.

We can then try to figure out what is the problem as well as how to improve the situation regarding the misleading error message.

Regards,
Hubert

View solution in original post

Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Thanks Hubert,

You are always so cooperative.

I'm not the contact person for the MF supportline in our organization, but I will send the findings to this person , so that he can fire a case.
As it works for now , the priority would be rather low.

BR,
Boris,
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.