Highlighted
garecanbp Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

LDAP Server is set but user cannot login with LDAP (Silk Central 18.5)

Jump to solution

I've set LDAP Server and test succeeded. Why do user still failed to login with LDAP? and I receive the error "User with Login "<username>" and provided password not found."at FrontEndServer.log

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Matthew McGibbon Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: LDAP Server is set but user cannot login with LDAP (Silk Central 18.5)

Jump to solution
Hi garecanbp ,

It is possible the credentials the user provided are incorrect but if the user does not exist in the database with the credentials provided, you have two options:

1. Allow in your LDAP settings for users to be created automatically based on a template user, this will give them the same access rights and dashboard as the template user.

2. Create user manually and then manually associate the required permissions/roles.

You must ensure that the user's username in Silk Central matches the LDAP username that you have configured in LDAP settings, as this will be based on the filter options.

Silk Central 18.5 also provides a new option which allows you to automatically sync a specific LDAP group with Silk Central.

This means that you can use LDAP to automatically manage which users have access to Silk Central.

Under User Management -> Groups, you now have permission to import a complete LDAP user group directly.

If you still have any further issues let me know.

Thanks,
Matt
0 Likes
2 Replies
Matthew McGibbon Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi garecanbp ,

It is possible the credentials the user provided are incorrect but if the user does not exist in the database with the credentials provided, you have two options:

1. Allow in your LDAP settings for users to be created automatically based on a template user, this will give them the same access rights and dashboard as the template user.

2. Create user manually and then manually associate the required permissions/roles.

You must ensure that the user's username in Silk Central matches the LDAP username that you have configured in LDAP settings, as this will be based on the filter options.

Silk Central 18.5 also provides a new option which allows you to automatically sync a specific LDAP group with Silk Central.

This means that you can use LDAP to automatically manage which users have access to Silk Central.

Under User Management -> Groups, you now have permission to import a complete LDAP user group directly.

If you still have any further issues let me know.

Thanks,
Matt
0 Likes
garecanbp Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution
I got wrong at configuration so I created LDAP profile without domain and it worked. Thank you.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.