Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Locked cell height in offline manual testing excel sheet

Jump to solution

Hi,

we have to perform some tests in offline mode (tests are being performed on the road without network connection). In principle this feature is available in Silk Central. The problem is that some of our tests have a very long description. As the downloaded Excel sheet is protected, it does not allow to adjust the height of the rows. Only the width of the column can be adjusted, but this is not enough to see the complete text in the description cell.

Splitting the tests into steps is not an option for now, as we moved from a different TM system and imported >20k test cases. We have to start testing now and do not have the time to rework all tests before the next test cycle.

Does anyone have an idea how the description can be made visible to the manual testers?

thanks

Wolfgang

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Can you please enter an enhancement request for this feature via our supportline?

Since you are upgrading to Silk Central 15.5, we can implement resizeing the row height of downloaded offline manual test sheets in the next hotfix for Silk Central 15.5 (this would be hotfix 3).

Regards

Michael

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Wolfgang,

Which Silk Central version do you have?

Regards

Michael

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I saw this behaviour with version 15.0 and version 15.5. We imported our tests into 15.0 and are currently moving to 15.5.

Cheers,

Wolfgang

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Can you please enter an enhancement request for this feature via our supportline?

Since you are upgrading to Silk Central 15.5, we can implement resizeing the row height of downloaded offline manual test sheets in the next hotfix for Silk Central 15.5 (this would be hotfix 3).

Regards

Michael

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hm, how do I do this?

I just requested a login at the supportline and got it confirmed. When I login and click on "My incidents" -> "Suggestion Box" I get the following text:

"We are currently redesigning the process for managing your suggestions. We plan to announce this new process soon but in the meantime, sorry, but we cannot accept any further suggestions. Please check back soon."

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Cheers,

Wolfgang

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks, I just entered the request (currently waiting for moderator approval)

Wolfgang

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.