Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Manual Execution Planning: Status "Not Executed" after finishing TestCycle

Hi,

I tried to execute some tests by creating a "testing cycle" in the "Manual Execution Planning" view. After reaching the "end date" I finished the Testing cycle with the option "remove not executed tests from execution". Now in the tests-view all testdefinitions, linked to these executions, got the status "Not Executed" (also in all overview's and filters) although in the property "Assigned Execution Plans" their "Status" is shown as Passed.

Is there a way to correct this wrong displaying of status? Have i missed some hints by executing "Manual Execution Plannings"?

Given that i need those results from this "not correctly finished" testing cycle (8 testers, 30 days of work, 130 tests), is there a way to fix it (-> give the involved testdefinitions the status "Passed")?

Regards,

Manuel

Tags (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

After some more investigations, i discovered, the testdefinitions with status "not executed" are all from an execution of a single tester.

The other testdefinitions of all other testers already have the status "Passed".

Discovered, that all concerned testdefinitions are labelled with "Not Executed". Some Testdefinition habe additional Executions, so the Status of those Runs are displayed.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Also discovered, that some "Failed" tests are shown as "Failed" some as "Not Executed". - very strange.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Manuel,

You have to really dig in the Borland documentation to get good definitions of the report fields. Here is what we found and documented:

• Test Execution Results Section (taken from status of the latest execution plan run):

o Passed: Number of tests passed in latest execution plan run

o Failed: Number of tests failed in latest execution plan run

o Not Executed: Number of tests not executed in currently running execution plans

o N/A: Number of tests not in an actively running or run execution plan

o Sum: Sum total of the rows above

So execution results are tied to tests in execution plans. If you simply run a test from the Tests tab, it will not show up as executed on the report. The report always looks at the last run of a test in an execution plan. Passed = # of passed in a running or already run execution plan, Failed = # of passed in a running or already run execution plan, Not Executed = tests that are in running (or finished) execution plans that haven't been executed, N/A = any test you don't have either in an execution plan at all, or in an execution plan that hasn't been run at all.

Not very intuitive at all 🙂

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The definitions of Passed/Failed/Not Executed/... were clear.

The problem I got was something with "not correct finished Testing Cycle".

After starting a "Testing Cycle" (Manual Execution Planning), I frequently changed "Start date" and "End date" until I finished the Testcycle by the Action "Finishing Testing Cycle". As the Testcycle was finished, Run-Results of some testers became "Not Executed" although they were "PASSED" within the Testing Cycle run.

I fixed those wrong states of the tests with an additional Execution Plan.

I hope the anew "Testing Cycle" won't behave the same.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Again I got the same problems.

After finishing a testing cycle, the Status of some Testdefinitions is shown as "Not Executed", although the "Assigned Execution Plans"-Status of the newest Execution Plan is "Passed". Some have only one "Assigned Execution Plan".

0 Likes

Hi,

can you please open a support case for that?

Remote diagnosis are difficult and usually take longer as we can only guess around about your scenario. Handling the problem in a support case should give you answers more quickly.

Thanks,

Florian

Product Owner - Silk
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Florian,

Issue has been described on "SupportLine Incident #2598462 - Inconsistent Test Status Presentation after finishing TestCycle" by suesbe.

Regards,

Manuel

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Manuel

I am dealing with this Test Cycle issue in support incident 2598462.

Mark

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.