Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Need Help In Setting CI Test Execution Server Setup

Hi All,

I am trying to Setup Continuous Integration Test Set up with

Hudson + SCTM + Execution Server (Windows 7 64 bit machine with Machine Silk Test Work Bench setup +Application Under Test Setup)

Using Silk Test Workbench tool I have automated Scripts i have create a driver script to call those Scripts.

I am very new for this type of CI setup and SCTM,  Here i have some basic doubts:

I need to configure Execution Server as Hudson slave for Hudson Server?

How to create execution definitions for the driver script that i have created on silk Test Workbench.

Thanks,

Rajendra

Thanks,

Rajendra Prasad

0 Likes
5 Replies

Hi,

all you need to do is to add the Silk Central plug-in (SCTMExecutor) to Hudson.

This plug-in allows you to trigger execution plans inside Silk Central. The execution plans are identified by their IDs.

The execution server that should be used for execution has to be configured for the execution plans inside Silk Central.

Regards,

Florian

Product Owner - Silk
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Rajendra,

Please find a Word document showing the steps needed to integrate SCTM with Jenkins here.

Thanks

Michael

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Michael,

The link to the word document does not work.

Thank you

Thank you,

Amy

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Amy,

The link is a public dropbox link and should be accessible. Is Dropbox blocked on your network?

What browser are you using to access the link, are you able to try a different browser?

I have added the document to an ftp server and it can be found via the link below:

ftp://ftp.microfocus.com/download/SCTM/Jenkins_integration_SCTM.docx

Note you will need to copy and paste this into your browser.

Thanks

Michael

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi All,

There is now an article in our Knowledge Base showing how to setup this integration with Jenkins. You can find this article here:

microfocus.telligenthosting.net/.../20742.enabling-jenkins-integration-with-silk-central-test-manager.aspx

Thanks

Michael

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.