Highlighted
kkyy Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Not able to connect to Execution Server running in Window 10

Hi All,

We are running SilkCentral version 17.0.  We have a new window 10 machine, and we installed the Execution server by running the WindowsExecServer.exe there.  We can see that the execution seraver is running in the Window 10 machine. 

But when we create new execution seraver in SilkCentral (Administration -> Execution Environment -> New Physical Execution Server

We keep getting the below error

ERROR There is no execution server running, or the server host is not accessible. Please contact your system- or network administrator.

I am seeing connection timeout in the front end server log.

java.net.ConnectException: Initial connect timeout expired (5000 ms): java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out
   at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:619)
   at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:216)
   at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(TCPChannel.java:202)
   at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.newCall(UnicastRef.java:342)
   at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.list(Unknown Source)
   at com.segue.scc.util.rmi.proxyclient.RMIProxyClient.connectRegistry(RMIProxyClient.java:122)

Any thought on how we can debug this further.  I am able to ping the Window 10 machine.  Thank you!

0 Likes
7 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Not able to connect to Execution Server running in Window 10

Hi kkyy,

Can you check if the firewall exceptions for the execution server have been added? This is an option in the setup dialog.

You can temporarily disable the firewall on the execution server  and then try to connect it.

Please also check the ExecServer.log file (default in C:\ProgramData\SilkCentral\log) for bind problems and if the start of the service was successfully.

Regards,
Hubert

0 Likes
kkyy Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

The service seems started. The following found in the C:\ProgramData\SilkCentral\log\ExecServer.log . However, once I close the Silk Central 17.0 Service Manager, and open it up again, the Execution Server is stopped. This is only issue with Window 10, and not seem in Window 7.

I;OV;2019-05-30;11:45:47;BCA;main; Initializing DistriBase
I;OV;2019-05-30;11:45:47;BCA;main; Loading existing utilization info from filesystem
I;OV;2019-05-30;11:45:47;BCA;main; Mode: Not Utilized
I;OV;2019-05-30;11:45:48;BCA;main; Ready accepting non-ssl connections on 19124
I;OV;2019-05-30;11:45:48;BCA;main; Ready accepting direct ssl connections on 19125
I;OV;2019-05-30;11:45:48;BCA;main;<-- ExecServer startup finished
I;OV;2019-05-30;11:45:48;BCA;main;
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi kkyy,

Do you run the execution server as a service or as a process? In task manager on the execution server host can you see one of these processes java_ExecServer.exe or tomcat_ES.exe.

Did you check the firewall exceptions?

Regards,

Hubert

0 Likes
kkyy Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Hubert,

Thank you for your reply!

In our Win10 machine where we are facing the issue, we don't see java_ExecServer.exe or tomcat_ES.exe in Processes. Instead, we are seeing scservicemanager.exe (32 bit).

In the Win 7 machine which it is working, we are seeing the java_ExecServer.exe in Processes.

We checked the "Create Windows firewall exceptions for Execution server" option during the Execution Server installation.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi kkyy,

sc_servicemanager.exe is the Service Manager process.

Could you please check the following log files in folder C:\ProgramData\SilkCentral\log

sccexecserver-stdout*

sccexecserver-stderr*

Launcher.SCCExecServer.log*

Are there any entries after startup of the execution server?

Regards,

Hubert

0 Likes
kkyy Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

The sccexecserver-stdout* and sccexecserver-stderr* has no log entry.  The files are empty.

The following are found in Launcher.SCCExecServer.log*

[2019-05-13 15:18:20] [info] [ 8152] Commons Daemon procrun (1.0.15.0 32-bit) started
[2019-05-13 15:18:20] [info] [ 8152] Service SCCExecServer name Silk Central Execution Server
[2019-05-13 15:18:21] [info] [ 8152] Service 'SCCExecServer' installed
[2019-05-13 15:18:21] [info] [ 8152] Commons Daemon procrun finished

Other than the above, nothing is logged in the log even I stopped and restarted the service manager.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi kkyy,

Could you please log a support case for this issue. I think this needs to be investigated further.

Regards,

Hubert

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.