Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Out of Scope Requirements - Any idea on how/whats the best way to assign a requirement as out of scope?

Out of Scope Requirements - Any idea on how/whats the best way to assign a requirement as out of scope?

Not sure how the N/A status is assigned but I would like out of scope to be different to N/A and Not Covered. We are using this in our TCR and would BIRT to handle Out of scope differently to Not Covered.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

How do you define an "out of scope" requirement? Could you give an example (or screenshot) illustrating what you mean by "out of scope" in contrast to "Not Covered" and "N/A"?

Regards,
Hubert
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Hubert,

I think I see the point you are making Hubert and that we can use 'Not Covered' or N/A.

A 'Not Covered' requirement is currently being used to track in scope requirements that dont have any test cases so the 'Not Covered' status doesn't work in my example, and for anything out of scope we would have any assigned tests. I think N/A could be used but I am unsure how the status of N/A is applied to a requirement.

Within our TCR we have section to list all of the out of scope requirements so we where looking for a unique status for these types of requirements.

Thanks Matt
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Matt,

N/A means that there is a test case associated but has never run, therefore it has not got a status yet of passed/failed/not executed.

It sounds though this would not be useful due to the Requirements having assigned test case, so there is no guarantee these have never run.

It would seem you may need to create a requirement attribute to denote that they are out of scope, this could be a list type, to allow users to set this attribute when a requirement is out of scope.

You could then use this to filter requirements based on this, and create a report based on this.

If you have any questions let us know.

Thanks,
Matthew
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Matthew,

I am having an issue on how to change the requirement coverage status from "Not covered" to "Not executed". This is because we have many requirements that does not require test case to be tested. So most of our Requirements have status as "NOT COVERED" . I just need to change the status from "Not covered" to "Not executed".

Please suggest me how to do it.

Thanks,
Sridevi
0 Likes

Hi Sridevi,

the requirement coverage status is generated from the tests which cover the requirement.

* If no tests cover your requirement (= no tests assigned) then the status is "Not Covered".
* If tests cover your requirement (= tests assigned) then the status is similar to the execution status (Passed/Failed/Not Executed) of your tests.

Consequently there is not way to change the coverage status from "Not Covered" to "Not Executed" without assigning tests.

That said - there is a simple way to create tests and have them immediately assigned which will change this coverage status - however you will then have a lot of tests which will never be executed!

The way to do it would be to right click on your requirement and use the "Generate Tests" action. Select "Generate tests from requirement tree leaves" and this will create a manual test in your selected Test Container which is assigned to this requirement. As this test has the status "Not Executed" your requirement will have the coverage status "Not Executed" as well.

Regards,
Florian
Product Owner - Silk
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.