Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Pass Parameter from Execution Plan to Test in Silk Test

Jump to solution

As far as I know, we can create parameter in SC Test to be used on ST Asset. Instead on test, could we create parameter on Execution Plan and pass it to SC test?

For example:

Asset login with different username, we can input parameter "username" from Execution Plan then it will be passed to the test so the login will be with selected username.

The purpose is login asset can be used on multiple execution plan that using different username without having to create many login asset

The condition is we have unique login on each device so we cannot using "one login for all device"

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

You can set parameters at both the Test and Execution plan level.

For example, you could set a number of default values for each parameter on a Silk Central Test item.

When you then assign this test to an Execution Plan, it will inherit those parameters from the test (see the Execution Plan properties) and you can then override the value(s) with something specific for the Execution Plan in question.

Regards

Robert

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

You can set parameters at both the Test and Execution plan level.

For example, you could set a number of default values for each parameter on a Silk Central Test item.

When you then assign this test to an Execution Plan, it will inherit those parameters from the test (see the Execution Plan properties) and you can then override the value(s) with something specific for the Execution Plan in question.

Regards

Robert

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thanks for the answer, I can pass the parameter but some how if I create test from Silk Test Workbench Test and choose Keyword-Driven Test, though I've set parameter same with parameter from stw, SC do not pass the parameter. I attach the screenshot parameter from STW, parameter from SC Test & Execplan

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.