Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
mch13
New Member.

Project path for Git in Silk central

Hi,

what is the project path in the below scenario? Is this a correct project path ( /...Admin/buildlib)?

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Michael Kern Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Project path for Git in Silk central

Hi mch13

Why don't you use the Browse button right next to the "Project path:" field? It opens a dialog where you can select a project path.

Regards
Michael
0 Likes
Highlighted
mch13
New Member.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply.

I did browse and select a project path. However, my tests are not executed, and I have an error in Silk central

Summary.

I posted on the community silk-central-git-error-can't-open-git-upload-pack. Later I asked the Silk central admin to fix the SSL certificate. After a few days, I tried again to add the repo, and I could add it to the Silk central even though the Admin has not fixed the SSL certificate (I found this today).

My tests still failed, so I started investigating if I added the right project path - apparently, it seems all this is because of the SSL certificate.

PS: I am an Intern located in Europe, and the Admin is in the USA. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hi mch13,

So you get this "javax.net.ssl.HandshakeException" when you execute your tests on your execution server(s)? respectively when you click on the Browse button besides the "Project path:" field?

Did you already import the self-signed certificate into the Java keystore of your app-server/front-end host respectively on your execution server host(s) as described in the community post  silk-central-git-error-can't-open-git-upload-pack

You won't resolve this HandshakeException if you set the project path directly in the "Project path:" field.

Regards

Michael

0 Likes
mch13
New Member.

Hi Michael,

It is kind of a long post.

After publishing the post -A  silk-central-git-error-cannot-open-git-upload-pack I asked the Silk Central (SC) Admin to fix the SSL certificate. I didn't know if the SC Admin fixed the certificate. Assuming the certificate is set I added Git repo, I did not receive an error message similar to Post -A ( I don't know how to explain, I could create a new profile after selecting the project path, even though the SSL certificate is not fixed.screenshot )

I executed a test case, it failed. So I started investigating if I added the project path correctly by asking in the community - Project path for Git in Silk central (Post B). Around the same time, I got an answer from SC Admin - the SSL certificate is not fixed. 

The error below is from the execution planning - using a Test case from Git repo which was added before SSL certificate is added to the SC server.

Now I am waiting for the SC Admin to fix the certificate. Meanwhile, I tried to create a new Souce control profile with Git, I get the same errors as Post A - "cannot open git-upload pack".  

Thanks!

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hi,

To fix the javax.net.ssl.HandshakeException during test execution, you will also have to import the self-signed certificate into the Java keystore of the execution server where you run your test.

Regards
Michael
mch13
New Member.

Hello Silk Central community,

At last we managed to add the SSL certificate to Silk central front end server. 

We have Test cases recorded using Silk4J, test cases centrally stored on the Gitswarm server and I am trying to execute the test cases from Silk central. I stumbled on the error - refer to Figure 3. To understand the error I added the steps I followed.

Q1. Is this the correct Project path: /Silk4JKI/src ? refer to figure 1

Q2. I don't have a jar folder similar to this demo video youtu.be/b3Ln-AXth7s, so I used the path as shown in Figure 2 and Figure 2a, is this correct path?

Q3. Initialization error - figure 3

Please help me out to resolve the errors.

Thanks!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.