Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Protecting Shared Steps in Library

Jump to solution

Our projects are making extensive use of shared steps.  Is there anyway to protect shared steps better?  What I am looking for is the ability to assign which projects can have access to certain folders of shared steps.

Example use case:

I have three projects:  Project 1, Project 2, and Project 3

All three projects make use of "Shared Step All"

Project 1 and 2 make use of "Shared Step One and Two"

Project 3 makes repeated use of "Shared Step Three"

Ideally I would like to be able to create a folder in the library and assign which projects have permissions to edit steps contained in the folder (I'm not too concerned with other projects being able to view the steps, I just don't want others to be able to edit the steps).  That way "Shared Step Three" cannot be modified by any users that have permission to edit tests for Project 1 or Project 2.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

For protecting libraries, there are two approaches one would be user permissions and the other library visibility.

In the roles for users, you can grant the user separate permissions for viewing, manage and delete the libraries section to ensure only users who should perform these actions are able to.

The second option is to restrict visibility of a library to a specific project or projects. This will then mean that steps from that library can only be used in projects where it is visible.

This is only configurable at a library level rather than a folder level, though, so you must ensure the steps which are required are in the correct library.

Thanks,

Matthew

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

For protecting libraries, there are two approaches one would be user permissions and the other library visibility.

In the roles for users, you can grant the user separate permissions for viewing, manage and delete the libraries section to ensure only users who should perform these actions are able to.

The second option is to restrict visibility of a library to a specific project or projects. This will then mean that steps from that library can only be used in projects where it is visible.

This is only configurable at a library level rather than a folder level, though, so you must ensure the steps which are required are in the correct library.

Thanks,

Matthew

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.