Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Quality goals.

Hello , I have currently a goal : 75% automation rate. I was looking for a way to track the progress and I wanted to use the quality goals reporting.

How to achieve that?

I'm using an attribute which gives me the status , but not the nature (junit or manual) because I want to have still the possibility to run the automated tests as manual(so we duplicate them as automated).

So the goal is : ratio out of all the valid test cases (having status "released") against the ones with attribute set to automated - is it possible?

What is the best approach?

BR,

Boris,

Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Boris,

"possibility to run the automated tests as manual(so we duplicate them as automated)."

This should not be required, in the run dialog you have the option to run automated scripts as manual and their results are recorded alongside the automated runs in the runs tab.

You can change this through the "Run Type" option dropdown to "Run automated tests manually".

This would then give you a clearer understanding of your goal metric, as the nature of the script itself is stored in the database, and you do have duplication of scripts.

SELECT Type, COUNT(type) as Total
FROM LQM_V_BasicTestProperties
WHERE ProjectID_fk = 0
GROUP BY Type

The report here would split out the test cases by their type so you can see what the split is between manual and automated overall.

For example:

Type Total
JUnitTestType 23
KeywordDrivenTestType 6
Manual 106
ProcessExecutor 6
SilkPerformer 1
SilkTestWB 1

You can use the standard pie chart under the chart tab to visualize this if required, and even make this report available on the dashboard for easy access.

If you still have the Attribute defined to control this, if you go to Tests -> Attributes, in the grid you will see a reporting column.

This can be used to build a report based on the test cases in this project. You then have access to this through the LQM_V_SimpleTests table as this has all the information as the BasicTestProperties plus UDA values as well.

The option here would be to do a type report and also report to the UDA where the value is released.

If you have any questions on this or would like more information on this just let us know.

Thanks,
Matt
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Matt,

Let's concentrate on the first part , where you are explaining how to run automated tests as manual.
Is there a way to plan automated tests inside the "Manual execution planning"? AFAIR , they were not visible ....

Thanks,
Boris,
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Boris,

No automated scripts cannot be planned in the Manual Execution Planning section, the point before though means you do not have any at this point as the automated scripts would not be duplicated as manual.

Therefore the automated scripts already exist in their execution plan, and if they need to be executed as manual you use the run option, run automated tests as manual.

Thanks,
Matt
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.