Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re-run only failed tests

Hi,

Situation: execution plan is finished with a few failed tests.

Question: Is there any way to automatically re-run this executions plan only with failed tests? Once or twice

Regards

0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi WojtekH,

You can re-run failed tests from the Run dialog (available also for folders):

Currently it is not possible to configure it to do this automatically. Therefore it is a manual process.

Regards,

Hubert

0 Likes
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hi Hubert,
Of course, I know manual process but it is not enough for me 😞
Can I propose this on future list?
Wojtek
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

We had a similar situation some time ago and here's the idea:

Create a new execution plan with dynamic assignment of test cases, with a filter: to be part of the first execution plan and their last execution status to be failed. Arrange the execution plan order : the new one has a dependency to the first one, for example ..

According to the MF support line the filter is updated before starting any execution plan...

Not sure whether this works, but it doesn't hurt to give it a try :).

If you do so, please share the results, thanks.
Boris
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Wojtek,

Yes, I think this is a valid request, please submit it via supportline.

In the meantime, you could try to work around by usage of dependencies as Boris suggested. Not sure if it would work for your scenario and of course there would be additional setup to be done.

Regards,
Hubert
0 Likes
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Well, first tests this way look promising 🙂
I thought about it earlier but I didn't know that filter is updated before execution plan starts.
I will implement solution to bigger set of tests.
Thanks Boris for idea!

Regards
Wojtek
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Maybe an alternative could be using the Silk Central web-service API (SOAP-based or REST).

The "ExecutionPlanningService" SOAP-based web service provides different methods to execute execution plans - for instance, method "startExecutionWithOptions" allows you to execute the specified node (folder, configuration suite or execution plan), using different run options (as you know it from the UI):
startExecutionWithOptions(String sessionId, int nodeId, String build, int option, String sinceBuild)

"option" parameter
run all = 1
run failed = 2
run not executed since build = 3
run failed and not executed since build = 4
run with fixed issues = 5
run not executed = 6
run failed or not executed = 7

This would have the advantage that you do not need to create a new execution plan to rerun when using dependencies.

Regards
Michael
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.