Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Receiving 403 Forbidden using the REST API in Silk Central 19.0

My organization is in the process of evaluating Silk Central 19.0 before upgrading our production 18.5 deployment. One of the features that we are interested in is the updated REST API that exposes various portions of the test execution and execution planning services, particularly with regards to programmatic updates to execution status via the external execution functionality.

I have a Silk Central 19.0 trial instance installed, and have been exploring the new features, but so far I cannot get any response back from the API other than a 403 Forbidden error. This is both through the /Services1.0/swagger-ui.html examples and through a third party REST interface implementation.

After authorizing via either the included UI or external implementation, none of the requests work. The simplest example would be /execution/executionplanruns (403). I've also converted a test to an automation type and added it to a new execution plan, then set that plan to external execution and attempted to start the run via /execution/executionplanruns, which also returns a 403 error. I'm using the default admin account for these requests, and the account has all of the permissions needed to perform these actions via the UI.

What am I missing here? Is there a buried permission somewhere that I need to change? Is this functionality disabled in 45-day trials? Is this breaking because the server was upgraded from 18.5? (Part of the pre-production testing/validation process). Any help would be appreciated.

*Edited to include: Login response is 200 OK, and I get a valid session ID, and the ID is passed in subsequent requests.

Regards,

Joey Silva

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Did you specify the id from the login call as sessionIdKey in the Available authorizations of the swagger-ui (lock icon beside the service call)?
Can you please try a Web-Service Token instead of using a generated id. You can generate a token in the settings of your user.

Best Regards,
Sebastian Kornexl
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.