Results presentation and export
We are in the process of evaluating the purchase of the Silk Central Manager for our Automated Testing.
Could you please inform me which are the possible ways of exporting test results or give me some reference?
Test results can be exported using reports in SilkCentral. There is a prewritten report that provides the latest results of all tests assigned to a specified execution plan. Please see SilkCentral help section "Manual Test Reports".
You can also have the option to create your own custom reports by using the SilkCentral database schema that is downloadable from Help | Documentation | Test Manager Database Schema.
Thanks for the response.
By referring to "Manual Test Reports" you mean the topic in the documentation?
I was not able to find enough info regarding the report export.
eg Which formats are available and what info can I get?
Additionally, could you please elaborate on your second suggestion?
Yes I was referring to "Manual Test Reports" topic in SCTM documentation.
You can use the canned report "Manual Test Result Document ". This can be run for an execution plan by the performing the following:-
- Select execution plan in Execution Planning | Details view.
- Right click execution plan, choose reports and select "Manual test Result document".
- This will run the report and enter the execution id automatically as the parameter.
- you can view the data from data tab.
- Click on "Reports" tab to view the report. This can be downloaded as a pdf document by clicking "PDF" icon at top of report.
- You can download as csv or xml file from the properties tab.