Retrieving log.txt regarding specific execution through web service

Hi everyone,

Through web service, I was able to 

( sccsystem : logonUser )

execute test

( tmexecution : startExecution )

check state of execution

( tmexecution : getStateOfExecution )

get the execution result after making sure it’s finished and know which tests failed

( tmexecution : getExecutionResult )

get the “information” about the files regarding the test, but not the files itself

(tmperformer : getExecutionFiles)

Is there any way I can get the log.txt regarding a specific test result?

Thanks!

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

If you need the files of the testrun then take the mTestRunId from the TestDefinitionResult object and use performerService.getExecutionFiles(sessionId, testDefRunId) which returns an array of the result files. Each file has a unique id. To get the content of the file just call the following URL:

http://host:19120/servicesExchange?hid=SilkPerformer&sid=<sid>&rfid=<resultFileID

Best Regards,

Sebastian

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I am trying to retrieve the Execution Result Files following the suggestions here but I am currently stuck at creating web services message for tmperformer: getExecutionFiles request. I replace the <id> with the session_id of my current login, and the execution_id with the testDefRunID - retrieved from tmexecution : getExecutionResult response. However, when i send the request, the message return say the array is empty (see below) although there are 5 files in each test case run result of my execution plan in silk central. I wonder what do i miss here? Would you please help me?

tmperformer - getExecutionFiles request:
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:xsi="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema" xmlns:soapenv="schemas.xmlsoap.org/.../" xmlns:tm="http://tm.segue.com">
<soapenv:Header/>
<soapenv:Body>
<tm:getExecutionFiles soapenv:encodingStyle="schemas.xmlsoap.org/.../">
<id xsi:type="xsd:long">6114828640577525261</id>
<executionId xsi:type="xsd:int">55961</executionId>
</tm:getExecutionFiles>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

tmperform - getExecutionFiles response:
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="schemas.xmlsoap.org/.../" xmlns:xsd="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance">
<soapenv:Body>
<ns1:getExecutionFilesResponse soapenv:encodingStyle="schemas.xmlsoap.org/.../" xmlns:ns1="http://tm.segue.com">
<getExecutionFilesReturn soapenc:arrayType="ns1:SPNamedEntity[0]" xsi:type="soapenc:Array" xmlns:soapenc="schemas.xmlsoap.org/.../>
</ns1:getExecutionFilesResponse>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Thank you
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi automation_geek_2017,

Would it be possible for you to log a support incident and we can look in to what are trying, to recommend how to resolve this for you?

Thanks,
Matthew
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Matthew,

Sorry for late reply. I already figured it out and resolved. There was a data error in my end when I construct the XML request message. Thanks
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.