Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Running a Silk Test Plan

I'm having trouble executing a Silk Test Plan (.pln file) through Silk Central.  I have an execution server up and running in a VM.  I've created an entry in Silk Central for the execution server and I've done a successful test connection.

I've defined a test container in which I've specified the name of the SVN directory where my plan file and testcases are on the VM.  I've added a Silk Test Classic test to the container.  In that test, I've specified:

- the location of the plan file

- the location of the project file

- the location of the option set

- for the Data file for attributes and queries I've specified the .ini file for the project.

- I do not understand what "Test plan query name" is - what value should I put here?  The documentation is no help.

I've created an execution plan.  I've added the keyword for my execution server on my VM.  I select my plan in the Execution Plan tree, right click and select Run.  Nothing happens.  On the Runs tab, I see an entry for my run but it's status is "Not Executed".  None of the log files have any mention of my run.

What am I missing????????

Thanks for any help,

Sarah.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Sarah,

On your execution server where you are running your tests, have you installed Silk Test?

If you also open the RunID under the Runs tab, this will bring up a dialog window. In here you will have a Messages tab, do you receive any message associated to the run, such as an error message in here? 

These are the two areas I would look at to help investigate this issue further.

I have attached a sample below:

This should give you the specific message as to why your Test has not run.

Test Plan Query Name is a Silk Test feature, this is where you can specify a certain subset of tests to run depending on specific criteria, you will find more information about this in the Silk Test help documents rather than Silk Central.

If you still have any issues with this execution after checking the error messages, you can also log a Support Incident, and a Support Engineer can help you investigate this issue further.

Thanks,

Matthew

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank-you Matthew for pointing me towards that additional source of error messages.  I was able to see my problem and correct it (part of my path was duplicated).

I have another question but I'll open a new thread for it.  🙂

Sarah

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.