Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Running a .pln plan from Silk Central

Hello,

I have many test cases grouped into .pln files that I run through SilkTest.  I want to run my .pln files though Silk Central.  The Silk Central documentation talks about how to run test cases but there's not mention (that I can find) about how to run a .pln file.  Is this possible?

Thanks!

0 Likes
7 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

yes it is possible to run Silk Test plan files, it is no big difference against running other test types.

In the New Test dialog, just select "Silk Test Classic Plan" as type and select the plan file in the next step. A single test is created in the tree.

After executing the test successfully for the first time, you will see output.xml in the result files of the execution plan run. This file contains the test hierarchy and test results produced by the execution of the plan file. With this output.xml as result file you can then convert your test to a test package, which allows automatically maintaining the structure within Silk Central. This would look like here:

hope that helps.

-max

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

When I try to do that I get the following error:

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can you check the configuration and credentials of the Source control profile used for the test container? It seems that the credentials are not  correct.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I cannot configure the source control system, Is there a choice for a system included in Silk Central, We use Perforce but is not an option in Silk Central.

-Gabriele

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank-you,  maximilianp.  I see that now.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

no problem, you are welcome!

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello gabriele.centinaro,

Silk Central version 15.0 supports the following source control profiles:

• Subversion
  • StarTeam
  • Team Foundation Server
  • UNC
  • VFS
  • PVCS

Regarding Git, I can only refer to the request on user voice, stating that it is planned for a next version: http://borland.uservoice.com/forums/163509-silk-central-feature-requests/suggestions/5506965-implement-git-source-control

Perforce is currently not supported.

-max

Tags (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.