Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SILK CENTRAL WITH SILK TEST SCRIPT AND BATCH SCRIPT.

Hello All,

I have a case where i need to use .bat scripts, .pl and .t scripts in-order to execute a scenario. Here in Silk Central Execution plan, i have all these under one Execution Plan.

Configuration goes as below:

1. Added a test script with .t extension and no other Attributes/Steps/params etc.
  2. later on execution planning added the same .t file with some other .bat files which will be in a order like
  3. 1.bat
  4. 2.bat
  5. 3.t
  6. 4.pl
  7. 5.pl
  8. 6.t

Here the test starts with the 1.bat, and its Success -- then it goes to 2.bat -- results in success.

But once it comes to 3.t -- it executes the whole test file and performs all actions/steps. But the at the end, if it FAILS then it will go to execute the 4.pl. But if it PASSES -- the SILK Central never go to 4.pl.

This is a wired behavior, and hence as of now, m FAILING the 3.t INTENTIONALLY. I don't want to do it. I want the Silk Central to execute the 4.pl EVEN AFTER 3.t PASSES.

Can anybody through some solution on this. It would be really appreciable.

Thanks in Advance,

Harisha Rao.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Harisha,

Thanks for the question,

Currently, to properly diagnose this issue we could need access to your log files and the scripts to confirm what actions they are performing.

You can log a support incident through supportline.microfocus.com, and an engineer will be able to assist you with this issue.

An alternative approach would be to use dependent execution plans which an engineer will be able to walk you through as well.

Thanks,

Tags (2)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.