Commodore
Commodore

Send Email Notification after running Test or Execution Plan

Jump to solution

Hello,

I've set up automated test/execution plan. Can we send email notification after running that execution plan?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

You can setup notifications on the execution plan properties page in the "Notifications and Reports" section:

The notifications are set for the logged in user and the Email is sent to the Email address of this user.

Please make sure that a valid email server is setup for your system.

Regards,
Hubert Inreiter

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

You can setup notifications on the execution plan properties page in the "Notifications and Reports" section:

The notifications are set for the logged in user and the Email is sent to the Email address of this user.

Please make sure that a valid email server is setup for your system.

Regards,
Hubert Inreiter

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi Hubert,

In which version of Silk Central is the "Trigger report Subscriptions" as I do not see that under notifications in Silk Central Version 17.0.0.9
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I think what Hubert meant are the three checkboxes below "Notify me on ..."

• "Execution finishing successfully" - Check to receive a notification email each time an execution run finishes successfully.
  • "Execution finishing with not passed tests" - Check to receive a notification email each time an execution finishes with status not executed or failed.
  • "Execution finishing with changed number of not passed tests" - Check to receive a notification email each time the number of failed or not executed tests changes in comparison to the previous run, when an execution finishes.

So if you have, for instance, "Execution finishing with not passed tests" checked, then you receive a notification email each time the execution plan finishes with status not executed or failed.

You will see these notification options when you select the "Properties" tab of an execution plan. You can also check help topic "Execution Plan Properties Page" of the Silk Central online help for further details.

The feature "Trigger report Subscriptions" is not available in Silk Central 17.0, it was implemented in Silk Central 18.0.

Regards

Michael

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.