Commodore
Commodore

Setup Test in Execution Plan

Hi All,

We are creating a silktest setup test and enable it in Silk Central like below.  The test works fine when trial run.

When I use it in the Execution Plan as Setup Test like below, and run the execution plan.  The Execution Plan was always end up in "Not Executed" status.

When I remove the Setup Test from the execution plan, the execution plan is completed without any issue.

Anyone has encountered this type of issue before.  I am not seeing any error or anything since the Test Plan is in "Not Executed" status.  Anyone know how to debug it further.  I check the parameters input and everything seems enter correct, like double quote on the value etc.

Thank you,

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

A trial run might be executed on a different execution server than your execution plan depending on the deployment settings and the Default Execution Server of your user.

What do the messages in the run details of the not executed run show?

Best Regards,
Sebastian
0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Thank you!

The issue seems relating to the source control profile.

We are using UNC as source control system. It seems that even the UNC path is correct in our profile, some old deleted files along with the new files got copy to the working directory.

The issue is similar with community.microfocus.com/.../7751

After we remove "SrcCtrlMirrors", we can see that the latest source file copy to the working folder. However, we are still not able to successfully and consistently run all the projects. If ran for 5 times, only 1 or 2 runs will be successful, and others remain in Not Executed status.

In the run details of the not executed run projects, we can see some errors of variables or function not found. However, if we go to the working folder where it mentions in the errors, and run the project, it complete without any issues. We are not too sure why during the runtime, it has all these errors. But it seems that the project copy correctly from source control to the working folder.
0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Also, when the project not run after copying it to the working folder from source, if we go to the working folder, and manually open the project, then close the project, and run the execution plan again from silkcentral, this will trigger it to run without any issue.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.