Absent Member.
Absent Member.
664 views

Silk Central 17.0.0.7 - Unable to import requirements from Excel where the requirement type is 'List'

Hi. The company I work for has created a number of custom Requirement Properties. When creating requirements via an import from Excel 2016 I appear to have encountered problem where the 'Type' of the custom Requirement Property is 'List'.

In this situation, I specify one of the valid values in my spreadsheet exactly as we have configured them against the 'List' type Requirement Property. Subsequently, the import appears to have worked successfully with all of the expected requirements being created, however, for these 'List' type Requirement Properties the fields are blank. The valid value I specified on my Excel spreadsheet is not populated in the corresponding field. I then have to go through and populate the fields manually.

Just wondering if there is something I need to do differently when populating the values on my spreadsheet for these 'List' type Requirement Properties. Some different formatting I need to use possibly? I've been through the help and had a look on the forums/wiki here, but couldn't find anything that helped.

Thanks

Pete

0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Pete,

Which hotfix version of Silk Central 17.0 do you have installed?
Silk Central 17.0 Hotfix 3 includes a RPI-Fix that sounds very similar to your problem

Regards
Michael
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Michael

Thanks very much for the response. I've just asked and it sounds like we've not got hotfix 3 installed currently, but there are some discussions sheduled for next week about us taking some updates, which sounds promising.

Thanks again!

Pete
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

scheduled*
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Pete,

No problem, you are welcome.
Btw, there is already Hotfix 5 available for Silk Central 17.0.

In hotfix 3 we fixed an issue with importing custom requirement properties of type list.
The property value of the parent node, on which the import was done, was written for the requirement instead of the value from the Excel file.

Regards
Michael
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.