Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Silk Central Reporting

Jump to solution

Hi , 

Our Company is using Silk Central as the  Manual Test Case Management tool . We are using Selenium / TestNG for our automation testing . Please guide me how to set up the the following 

Current Configuration :

1. We are running Selenium Tests using Jenkins 

2. Reports are generated as junit xml file

3. We are using git for version controlling 

4. We are running test as Maven test 

So my question 

1. Is there a way to report back the results in Silk Central execution . 

2. How do we link manually created test cases to the automation test cases and show there report 

3. Does Silk central Plugin for jenkins support reporting back to silk central the test cases 

Tags (3)
0 Likes
13 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hi adi,

1. i dont know if it's possible. at the moment i do set the buildnumber by my own.

2. you could add the stack trace to  <Detail> <Info> tag. i think this shouldn't be a problem, u could handle this with your parser.

i'm glad i could help you.

greatings Dominik

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

We really appreciate that our customers help each other and share their solutions here.

Regarding your last question on getting build numbers to Silk Central: Have you considered the concept of Build information files in Silk Central?

It is described in the documentation Chapter "Build Information" and its sub-topics.

hope that helps

-max

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.