Our Company is using Silk Central as the Manual Test Case Management tool . We are using Selenium / TestNG for our automation testing . Please guide me how to set up the the following
Current Configuration :
1. We are running Selenium Tests using Jenkins
2. Reports are generated as junit xml file
3. We are using git for version controlling
4. We are running test as Maven test
So my question
1. Is there a way to report back the results in Silk Central execution .
2. How do we link manually created test cases to the automation test cases and show there report
3. Does Silk central Plugin for jenkins support reporting back to silk central the test cases
1. i dont know if it's possible. at the moment i do set the buildnumber by my own.
2. you could add the stack trace to <Detail> <Info> tag. i think this shouldn't be a problem, u could handle this with your parser.
i'm glad i could help you.
We really appreciate that our customers help each other and share their solutions here.
Regarding your last question on getting build numbers to Silk Central: Have you considered the concept of Build information files in Silk Central?
It is described in the documentation Chapter "Build Information" and its sub-topics.
hope that helps