Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Silk Central server requirements

We are in the process of buying Silk Central and Silk Test and need to get the server requirements set, with that in mind I have a couple of questions I would like to ask the community.

We are only looking at Silk Central and Silk Test at this time, it wont be a enterprise system (not for a while at least), no automation at this time (but the CIO wants automation), the server will be VMware ESX, the SQL will be on our MS SQL farm so will be on it's own server.

I know the documention has the minimum requirements in them but I was wondering if I needed a separate server for each of the front-end, application, chart server and Execution servers or can I run them on 1 server for now?

If we do go for 1 server how hard will it be to separate the servers out later?

Should we go enterprise but only use the minimum server spec's ?

thanks for any and all information.

0 Likes
2 Replies

Hi,

the server requirements are related to your expected usage scenario - which includes expected amount of users, expected amount of projects/data, more manual or automation focus (you already write that automation is a topic in the future), heavy reporting, etc.

Having the database as separate server is a good start - as it is virtualised please ensure that the resources are dedicated to the database so that they are not shared with other applications.

Separating the servers at a later point in time is not difficult.

Maybe you can open a support case to handle these questions in more detail as the answers are related to your individual usage.

Regards,

Florian

Product Owner - Silk
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for that, my Manager has passed the question onto our vendor.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.