Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Highlighted
mch13
New Member.

Silk central git error "cannot open git-upload pack"

Jump to solution

Hi,

We have our git server in-house with a self-signed SSL certificate. When I add git as source control in the Silk central, it throws up an error. 

Is it possible to add an exception for the self-signed SSL in the Silk central server? or how do I use SSH pairing? Is this answer applicable to my case? https://community.microfocus.com/borland/test/silk_central/

We access git by SSH key pairing and when I input https://gitswarm......silk4J.git URL in the terminal, it throws "fatal: unable to access 'gitswarm...../.../': SSL certificate problem: self-signed certificate"

Any inputs? 

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stephen Naylor Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Silk central git error "canot open git-upload pack"

Jump to solution

I believe that in this scenario you need to copy the root certificates used by the self-signed certificate used by Git into the keystore used by the execution server. Below is how we do this for version 17.5

1.Download a copy of the Root Certificates to a folder on the execution server

2.Start a command prompt and navigate to the Root Certificates folder you copied to the execution server machine.

3.Run this command: 

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Silk\Silk Central 17.5 Execution Server\lib\jre\bin\keytool" -import -trustcacerts -keystore "C:\Program Files (x86)\Silk\Silk Central 17.5 Execution Server\lib\jre\lib\security\cacerts" -storepass changeit -noprompt -alias <A NAME TO IDENTIFY YOUR CERT> -file "<PATH TO ROOT CERTIFICATE>"

4.Once you've uploaded the certificates you have to stop and restart the execution server to pick up the changes.
a. Log into the Execution Server machine and find the Silk Central 17.5 Service Manager running in the system tray on the bottom right of the screen and right click this and select Exit. If it doesn't disappear, repeat the step. We've sometimes found you need to do it twice
b.Restart the Service Manager from Start > All Programs > Silk > Silk Central > Administration Tools > Silk Central Service Manager.

1 Reply
Stephen Naylor Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Silk central git error "canot open git-upload pack"

Jump to solution

I believe that in this scenario you need to copy the root certificates used by the self-signed certificate used by Git into the keystore used by the execution server. Below is how we do this for version 17.5

1.Download a copy of the Root Certificates to a folder on the execution server

2.Start a command prompt and navigate to the Root Certificates folder you copied to the execution server machine.

3.Run this command: 

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Silk\Silk Central 17.5 Execution Server\lib\jre\bin\keytool" -import -trustcacerts -keystore "C:\Program Files (x86)\Silk\Silk Central 17.5 Execution Server\lib\jre\lib\security\cacerts" -storepass changeit -noprompt -alias <A NAME TO IDENTIFY YOUR CERT> -file "<PATH TO ROOT CERTIFICATE>"

4.Once you've uploaded the certificates you have to stop and restart the execution server to pick up the changes.
a. Log into the Execution Server machine and find the Silk Central 17.5 Service Manager running in the system tray on the bottom right of the screen and right click this and select Exit. If it doesn't disappear, repeat the step. We've sometimes found you need to do it twice
b.Restart the Service Manager from Start > All Programs > Silk > Silk Central > Administration Tools > Silk Central Service Manager.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.