Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Highlighted
mch13
New Member.

Silk central - initializationError

Hello,

We have Test cases recorded using Silk4J, test cases centrally stored on the Gitswarm server and I am trying to execute the test cases from Silk central. I stumbled on the error below while executing the test case. Any inputs?

Thanks

No testclasses found in classpath C:\Temp\.\buildlib\ecj-4.4.jar;C:\Temp\.\buildlib\junit.jar;C:\Temp\.\buildlib\silktest-jtf-nodeps.jar;C:\Temp\.\buildlib\org.hamcrest.core_1.3.0.v2013031735.jar;C:\Temp\.\buildlib\junit.jar;C:\Temp\.\buildlib\*.

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No testclasses found in classpath C:\Temp\.\buildlib\ecj-4.4.jar;C:\Temp\.\buildlib\junit.jar;C:\Temp\.\buildlib\silktest-jtf-nodeps.jar;C:\Temp\.\buildlib\org.hamcrest.core_1.3.0.v2013031735.jar;C:\Temp\.\buildlib\junit.jar;C:\Temp\.\buildlib\*.
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance (Constructor.java:423)

Tags (3)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: Silk central - initializationError

Hi,

are the compiled classfiles/jars stored in the Source Control Profile you have specified for the test container in Silk Central? If you edit the test container and click browse on the root folder, do you see the folder "buildlib"?

Silk Central does not compile the Silk4J sources. You have to point Silk Central to the compiled files. Eg. this can be an UNC path or a link to a build server like Jenkins.

Best Regards,
Sebastian
0 Likes
mch13
New Member.

Hi Sebastian,

Thank you for the quick feedback.

When I browse the root folder(edit test container), I see the "buildlib" folder, please refer to the screenshots

I set my classpath files to the "buildlib" folder 

Git source control is set as below

Here is a new initializationError

No testclasses found in classpath C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\SCC_ExecServer_19124_19125\DynamicWorkingFolders\Profile_124_0\buildlib\ecj-4.4.jar;C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\SCC_ExecServer_19124_19125\DynamicWorkingFolders\Profile_124_0\buildlib\silktest-jtf-nodeps.jar;C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\SCC_ExecServer_19124_19125\DynamicWorkingFolders\Profile_124_0\buildlib\org.hamcrest.core_1.3.0.v2013031735.jar;C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\SCC_ExecServer_19124_19125\DynamicWorkingFolders\Profile_124_0\buildlib\junit.jar

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No testclasses found in classpath C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\SCC_ExecServer_19124_19125\DynamicWorkingFolders\Profile_124_0\buildlib\ecj-4.4.jar;C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\SCC_ExecServer_19124_19125\DynamicWorkingFolders\Profile_124_0\buildlib\silktest-jtf-nodeps.jar;C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\SCC_ExecServer_19124_19125\DynamicWorkingFolders\Profile_124_0\buildlib\org.hamcrest.core_1.3.0.v2013031735.jar;C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\SCC_ExecServer_19124_19125\DynamicWorkingFolders\Profile_124_0\buildlib\junit.jar 

Thanks a million

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Aren't you missing the test.jar in the classpath? You can also use a wildcard "buildlib\*" to include all jars from this folder.

If this does not work please try the following:
- set a "Common working folder" for your Source Control Profile (eg: c:\temp)
- execute the test
- check if the files, that are shown in the error, exist on the execution server. (eg: c:\temp\buildlib\test.jar)
0 Likes
mch13
New Member.

Hi Sebastian,

I added the "test.jar" file to the buildlib folder by exporting the Silk4KI project as .jar file in eclipse to verify if that helps. Now I deleted the file from Gitswarm.

New modifications

1.  I set the common working folder to "c:\temp"

2. Classpath is set as ".\buildlib\*"

executed the test, temp folder has got the following folders

initializationError

No testclasses found in classpath c:\temp\buildlib\*
                   java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No testclasses found in classpath c:\temp\buildlib\*

I am executing the tests from a Mac OSX machine - Google chrome - Silk Central 18.5, and the execution machine has Win 7 32bit - Silk Test 18.5 Hotfix 2 installation

Thanks!

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi,

The error means that Silk Central does not find any JUnit test in the jars in the buildlib folder.

Please try specifying a specific test class for your test instead of leaving it blank to check if this is found. Ensure that this class is in the test.jar.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.