Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SilkCentral Connection

Jump to solution

Hi :),

I am using Silk4Net, which in case I have developed some functions in it, but I need it to have a connection with SilkCentral, upload test cases and things like that, I have something for example in Quality Center, but I wanted to do the same for SilkCentral.

I don't need it all done for me, all I am searching are the APIs that are necessary for that development, the rest is up to me.

Thanks in advance 😃

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Mauricio,

Silk Central Supports integration with Silk4Net test scripts, so no need to use any API for this.

The first thing you would want to do for your Tests, is setup a Source Control. This going to point to where you keep your Test Assets.

Silk Central Supports multiple types of Source Control Profile such as UNC Path, VFS, StarTeam, Subversion, GIT.

Once you have defined the Source Control you will want to create a new Test Container which uses this new Source Control Profile.

You can now create tests which reference any of your Silk4Net Test Assets.

Below I have included some links which should be beneficial in accomplishing this task:

Select Source Control Profile Integrations

documentation.microfocus.com/.../SCTM-D826F8E9-ABOUTSOURCECONTROLPROFILEINTEGRATIONS-CON.html

NUNIT Test Type - This is how you will execute your Silk4Net scripts from Silk Central

documentation.microfocus.com/.../SCTM-A35ABBAD-NUNIT-CON.html

If you need any further assistance just let us know.

Thanks very much,

Matthew

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Mauricio,

Silk Central Supports integration with Silk4Net test scripts, so no need to use any API for this.

The first thing you would want to do for your Tests, is setup a Source Control. This going to point to where you keep your Test Assets.

Silk Central Supports multiple types of Source Control Profile such as UNC Path, VFS, StarTeam, Subversion, GIT.

Once you have defined the Source Control you will want to create a new Test Container which uses this new Source Control Profile.

You can now create tests which reference any of your Silk4Net Test Assets.

Below I have included some links which should be beneficial in accomplishing this task:

Select Source Control Profile Integrations

documentation.microfocus.com/.../SCTM-D826F8E9-ABOUTSOURCECONTROLPROFILEINTEGRATIONS-CON.html

NUNIT Test Type - This is how you will execute your Silk4Net scripts from Silk Central

documentation.microfocus.com/.../SCTM-A35ABBAD-NUNIT-CON.html

If you need any further assistance just let us know.

Thanks very much,

Matthew

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

is there a way without having to install nunit on all the execution servers to get silk4net to execute on an execution server?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.