Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SilkCentral Manager start page after installation

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 22 November 2011]

Hi,

I'm trying to establish the connection between SilkCentral and SilkPerfomer tehrefore I have deinstal and install both SilkCentral and MS SQL Server. As in the installtuion before I'm trying to connect to SilkCentral instanz over webinterface. I tryed \\computername\silk ; \\computername\loclahost\SQLExpress; the old favorite no page can be shown. I check the SQL Service and the SilkCentral application server, both are running. I checked access the admisnitration with port for sql server and SilkCentral (copied form log file of SilkCentral Test manager), nothing worked ... could someone give me a hint?

Thanks
JS
0 Likes
6 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It should be in the form of http://[computername]:19120/, where [computername] is the name of where SilkCentral is being hosted on.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

yes, this I tried also (urla from old installation) ... doesn't work either. Even the port from application server tried, doesn't work ...

Best Regards
JS
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi JS,

It would be better if you open a support incident with the Customer Care team so that this issue can be properly investigated. You can do this via the SupportLine website here.

Thanks
Michael
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

thanks for the hint with the support. But I have decide to deinstall and install new. Afterwards the MS Express Server did not start anymore. Next installation, everything work, but I cannot login with sa and standard password. The service for ms SQL express is started and the SilkCentral is started as well, any hints how I can get this working?

Thanks
JS
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi JS,

At what point are you trying to login with sa password? Are you trying to connect to the database, login to the database or login to SCTM using this password?

Could you attach a screenshot of the problem or error message that you are receiving?

If it is the connection to the database that you are having problems with have a look at the knowledge base article here that details the default username and password for the SilkCentral database if you do not install it yourself.

Thanks
Michael
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I've been trying out SQL Server 2008 R2, and I had found this document which was very helpful KB25033
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.