Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

SilkTest Visual Tests Not Showing In SCTM Test Properties Chooser

I've just installed latest SilkTest Workbench (with MSSQL backend) in demo mode, and have created several visual tests in the default common project, and also in two new projects.

The tests execute fine locally and Workbench is behaving as expected (although my experience lay more with TestPartner, so I'm unfamiliar with ST config nuances :)..

Now Im attempting to create tests in SCTM (ie SilkTest Workbench tests (visual tests) retained in abovementioned DB). I've created and configured a source control profile, hilited and retrieved the projects, and clicked OK.

Now I create a new SCTM test of type SilkTest Workbench, click next, and am presented with an empty test selection chooser, even though I know I have created multiple visual tests in Silktest.

I'm not sure how to proceed here. It may be Im missing a config or similar in SilkTest that enables exposure of tests through relevant chooser in SCTM, might be inadequate MSSQL local auth privs (although the projects can clearly be retrieved), it could even be the fact Im using the demo version of SilkTest Workbench.. as far as I can see though, all is compliant with docco etc.

Any help would be appreciated at this point.

Thanks !

0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Phill,

Before creating the tests in SCTM you need to set up a Source Control Profile which will point to Workbench and allow the tests to be seen.

If you search the SCTM Help for "Adding SilkTest Workbench Source Control Profiles" you will find full instructions on how to set this up.

Once this has been created, if you setup a new SCTM test of type Workbench you should see the tests you have created in Workbench.

Lesley

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi Lesley,

As mentioned in my original post, I've already done that. Any other thoughts ?

Phill

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Phill,

When you are creating your SilkTest Workbench tests in SCTM what Source Control profile do you have set at the Test Container level?

This needs to be your SilkTest Workbench Source Control profile so that you can assign your scripts to the test.

Thanks

Michael

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi Micheal

That was it.. I was creating tests under an old container configured with our SilkPerf profile.

Can't believe I missed that - must be in Christmas mode already 😉

Thanks to you and Lesley for the a prompt feedback,

Phill

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.