Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Source Control Mirrors

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 01 December 2011]

In the Micro Focus Knowledge Base there is the following question and answer:

Question: 24994: Why are deleted files still being copied to execution servers, even though they have been removed from the data directory of the SilkCentral Test Manager server?

Answer: This may be caused by the files still being present in "source control mirrors". The "source control mirrors" may have been created prior to the files being deleted and so they may retain a copy of these files, thus the files are still being copied across from here.

To overcome this problem, go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Borland\SCC35. If there is a folder called "SrcCtrlMirrors", delete it and run the test again. This will ensure that all files come directly from the source control and not a source control mirror.

I'm wondering if there's a way to prevent the "source control mirrors" from being created in the first place? It is a reoccuring issue for me, and could save me a lot of time if I could prevent this.

Thank you.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

It is not possible to stop the Source Control Mirrors being created on the Execution Server machines as these are needed for passing files that are required for running tests to the relevant Execution Server.

However you state that you are getting the issue you describe on a recurring basis, we would consider that as very unusual as this is normally an issue that occurs infrequently. It would be better if you would log an official support incident with us so that we can properly investigate the reasons why this issue is recurring for you. You can log an incident via the SupportLine website here.

Thanks
Michael
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi MM12345,
the knowledge base entry is a little bit outdated and the scenario there applies only to Source Control Profiles like "UNC" and "VSS". For these profiles you could check "Clear working folder before a test is executed" when editing a Test Container to make sure, that deleted files are also removed with these kind of Source Control Profiles for Tests in that Test Container.
If you use a "real Version Control System" as Source Control, then whenever a test is executed, the files will be updated as supposed also by deleting files that have been deleted in the Source Control System.
Best regards,
Reinhard
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.