Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Source Control Profile Integrations

Jump to solution

Can someone help what is Source Control Profile ?

What is the use case for it ? I saw there are Git , SVN, TFS ... what can i use it for ?

Thanks

Candy

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Marcel!

I found out the problem is that I didn't specify which Source Control to use for my test container.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi Candy,

Source control profiles enable Silk Central to integrate with external source control systems. Defining source control profiles allows you to define where Silk Central’s execution servers should retrieve program sources for test execution. For more information, please access the Silk Central product information:

http://documentation.microfocus.com/help/topic/com.microfocus.sctm.doc/SCTM-FFB826EB-SOURCECONTROLPROFILES-CON.html

Regards,

Luiz

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am creating a source control profile and code is not checking out to Exec Server:

Name: resi.Automation

Source control system: Git (select from drop down menu)

URL: enter URL to the project I want to check out

Username: (my username)

Password: (my password)

Working folder: /home/silkadmin/source-files/

Project path: (currently leave empty because I assume it points to 'resi.Automation', I did change to subfolder of resi.Automation as a test but still doesn't check out code)

I am using Jenkins to kick off test suite in Silk. After Jenkins job is kicked off and completed. I looked at /home/silkadmin/source-files/ directory, there is nothing checking out. And of course, tests in Silk are not executed because scripts are not found in Execution Server.

If I manually check out the code to Execution Server, the tests will run successfully.

Many thanks,

Jason

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Jason, it looks like your working folder is not a valid local path. As per the Help, it must be an absolute local path, not a relative path. Does that resolve your issue?

Documentation Manager - Micro Focus

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Marcel!

I found out the problem is that I didn't specify which Source Control to use for my test container.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.