Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
sjreinhard Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Synching JIRA with SilkCentral

Jump to solution

Can I synch JIRA 5 with SilkCentral 15 and if so where can I download the plugin from. The documentation I found lists sso.borland.com but I get a message that the URL could not be retrieved.  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Marc Miller Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Synching JIRA with SilkCentral

Jump to solution

OK Michael - well done for figuring this out. I should have looked at these settings right away. It's working now. Many thanks Marc

0 Likes
12 Replies
maximilianp Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Yes, Silk Central 15.0 supports synchronization with Atlassian JIRA 5 Issue Tracking.

The plug-in should already be shipped with Silk Central 15.0, so you should be able to select Jira in the Issue Tracking Integration dialog.

Please note, that newest Silk Central 15.5 is already available to you if you are on a valid maintenance contract. We recommend using the latest version.

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Can you please confirm if SCTM 15.5 supports integration with Jira 6.3 OnDemand (i.e. not a hosted version of Jira)? Thanks.

0 Likes
Michael Kern Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello Mark,

Yes, the JIRA integration should also work with the Cloud instance of Atlassian.

I tested a local hosted JIRA 6.3 version as well the Cloud version (6.4-OD-04-006) and could synchronize issues as well as requirements from my JIRA instances.

Regards

Michael

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Michael - that's great news. Could you supply the SCTM connection parameters please or should I raise a support case. Many thanks Marc

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Mark,

Maybe there is a misunderstanding, or which SCTM connection parameters do you mean? I cannot give you my connection parameters, since this is just an evaluation access to a JIRA cloud instance

But there should be no difference in using a local installed JIRA instance or a Cloud instance. In both cases you just have to enter the url to access the JIRA instance as well as username and password in the requirements management integrations area of Silk Central.

Regards

Michael

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

OK just to be sure we're on the same page, I'm not interested in integrating requirements - only issues. We use Jira OnDemand as our new proj mgt platform, and want to synchronise SCTM issues (bugs) into Jira as Jira Issues. My Jira OnDemand URL uses https and I cannot get this URL to successfully work in SCTM under Issue Tracking Profiles. If you can simply show me your Jira OnDemand (cloud) URL - that would be great. I don't need your userid / passwords.

Thanks Marc

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

OK!! I've just found the problem / bug in SCTM 15.5 - based on your earlier reply I tried my same Jira cloud URL using https in the SCTM Requirements Mgt Integrations and it worked fine. Then I tried exactly the same URL in the Issue Mgt Integrations profile and it DID NOT work. What a surprise!

So I assume the next step is for me to raise a high-priority defect for SCTM 15.5? please confirm..

Thanks Marc

0 Likes
Highlighted
mboomer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Yes, please log an incident and we will investigate.

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello Marc,

I use https in my Jira url, and I also use the same url for requirement and issue integrations (https://<MYINSTANCE>.atlassian.net). I can successfully synchronize requirements and I can enter issues from Silk Central as well as assign existing issues in Jira into Silk Central.

But can you provide me more information? What exactly did not work? Do you get an error-message in UI? Do you have a hotfix installed for Silk Central 15.5?

Can you provide us the System Diagnostics (inclusive the logfiles) from your Silk Central installation?

Thanks & Regards

Michael

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Michael - pls see support incident #2793273 - there is a full description, screenshots, and SCTM build info.

I have tried this on 2 separate installations (test & live) and fails on both installations. You must have a later build than me where this is fixed. If you want to pursue this further, pls contact me through the support incident & call / connect to me so I can demo. Support teams do this regularly.

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Marc,

I just responded to the support case.

Please  check in your JIRA cloud instance, that remote API access

is enabled (In JIRA go to Administration >> General Configuration >> Set "Accept

remote API calls" to ON).

Regards

Michael

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

OK Michael - well done for figuring this out. I should have looked at these settings right away. It's working now. Many thanks Marc

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.