Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Test Asset Workflow

Jump to solution

Hello all,
About test asset workflow state (Draft, Under Review, Ready for Review, Approve, Obsolete). Does the state able to affect the execution? Or this is just for the test status?

Because in my assessment, I could assign a test to the testing cycle, assign it to the user and user execute it in DRAFT state.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @garecanbp,

With Silk Central 20.6 the test asset workflow states are handled as follows:

- it is possible to assign tests with a not approved status to a testing cycle

- if you start a testing cycle you are warned about not approved tests

- in the manual test results it is also logged that the test was not approved at the time it was started

This means although there is guidance, approval is not enforced. It is up to the test manager to decide if they want start and execute the manual test anyway. The fact that the manual test was not approved is reflected in the test result.

Regards,

Hubert

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @garecanbp,

With Silk Central 20.6 the test asset workflow states are handled as follows:

- it is possible to assign tests with a not approved status to a testing cycle

- if you start a testing cycle you are warned about not approved tests

- in the manual test results it is also logged that the test was not approved at the time it was started

This means although there is guidance, approval is not enforced. It is up to the test manager to decide if they want start and execute the manual test anyway. The fact that the manual test was not approved is reflected in the test result.

Regards,

Hubert

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.
Hi Hubert,
Thank you for your answer, is there any plan to improve the approval? For example, the manual test won't start until the test is approved
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Although I know that this feature and others in the area of test workflows are discussed, I cannot say when it will be available.

Regards,

Hubert

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.