Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Test Definitions limits?

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 26 October 2011]

Is there a maximum limit to the number of Test Definitions you can have in a Test Container? Also, is there a maximum limit you can assign to an Execution Definition?
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We are not aware of any limits to how many test definitions you can have in a test container, indeed we are aware of some customers who would have hundreds or thousands of test definitions.
You are, however, limited to the size of your database and how much data it can hold.

With regard to a limit of test definitions assigned to an execution definition, we are not aware of a specific limit, but assigning too many test definitions can cause performance issues.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

On numerous occasions, I have come across the following error "ORA-01795: maximum number of expressions in a list is 1000", then eventually SilkCentral Test Manager starts to behave weird in that I'm unable to run any executions, Internet Explorer status shows "Processing Ajax Request..." and then times out after 30 minutes. Users are then unable to use Manual Testing Client to update their results - and I only have 1671 assign manually.

My setup: SilkCentral Test Manager (using Apache Tomcat) is hosted on Windows Server 2003 R2 with Oracle 11g Patch Set 11.2.0.2 x86 Client, and the repository is hosted on Windows Server 2008 R2 with Oracle 11g Patch Set 11.2.0.2 x64 – all using UTF8 character set.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

As you have come across a specific issue, in order to fully investigate it would be better if you log a support incident with the Customer Care team. You can do this via the SupportLine website here.

Regards,
Lesley
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

This is a known issue and was caused by a problem in the SQL statement that SCTM was using to return assigned Test Definitions to Requirements or Execution Definitions when there was more than 1000. This is because there is a limit to the amount of expressions that Oracle can return from a sinlge SQL statement.

The SQL statement has been updated with a HotFix for SCTM 2009 SP1 and is also fixed in later versions in order to handle over 1000 return values.. In order to get the HotFix or the later versions of SCTM you will need to log a support incident with Customer Care as Lesley has already stated.

Thanks
Michael
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.