Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Unable to create a data source using UNC, but silk server can access it

Hi, when I try to create an Excel data source, I get "unable to copy file" error in SCTM. However when I access the server on which SCTM is installed, I can see the UNC path accessible and writable.

I've opened an incident but could not get a satisfying solution so far. I hope someone here experienced this problem before and can give me some insight.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @culudamar,

The SC services are running with the local system account. Make sure to configure in your UNC profile a Windows user which has sufficient permissions to access the path.

Regards,

Hubert

0 Likes
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Hi Hubert, thanks for your reply.

The UNC profile we use has sufficient permissions. You're talking about this user right?

[cid:image001.png@01D52B6E.91273380]

This user (that's me) has write permission on the share.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@culudamar 

Sorry, the attached image does not work.

Could you set the read permissions for the share to "Everyone" and then try to create the data source again?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.