Unable to view results from silk central in stwx format
Issue: Unable to view results in silk test workbench format.
Scenario: Upgraded the silk central from 16.5 to 17.5
All the database connections and licenses worked well.
I was able to run tests but while viewing results in stwx format it throws an error saying error connecting to the DSN "ViewSilkCentralDB"
Could any one let us know where can we configure this option.?
1. Database currently in use is SQL server 2014.
2. Also ODBC drivers show that the DSN are working correctly.
Did you also upgrade Silk Test to 17.5?
Opening a stwx from Silk Central creates an ODBC entry called ViewSilkCentralSTWX.
Can you delete the ViewSilkCentralDB ODBC entry and retry opening a stwx?
Yes the silk test is also upgraded to 17.5
I have deleted the ODBC entry and tried couple of times to open but it is the same issue.
Only one update i forgot the database port number is 1299 instead of the default port number of SQL server.
Will this create any problem?
I have checked the stwx file schema and it does not contain any port information. I think this is causing the problem. Do you have any possibility to test this with the default port?
Please contact support to find a solution for this problem.
I have resolved by using the following process.
In SQL Server Configuration Manager,
1. Select the Protocols for SQLEXPRESS node on the left.
2. On the IP Addresses tab, Except the IPAll node
cleared the TCP Dynamic Ports field of all other IP1,IP2,... nodes.
3. Also entered the port number to listen in the TCP Port field to be used in the SCTM connection string.
4. Saved and Applied the settings.
5. Restarted the SQL Server service and it worked.
This entire issue is due to port number of SQL server and silk central.