Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Update Requirements from Excel

Jump to solution

Hi - 

I've successfully imported a set of Requirements from Excel. However, I'm struggling to get the update to work - I routinely get the Requirement already exists error. Even immediately after importing I attempt to update my Requirements using exactly the same Excel File and I receive the Requirement already exists error:

I'm fully expecting the Requirement to already exist as I'm attempting to update it. Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi,

I am pretty sure that there is a duplicate entry in the Excel file. The problem is that duplicates are ignored during first import, but when you use the same file for an update, then you get this error-message.

Can you check again if there are duplicates in the Excel file respectively can you attach your Excel file to this forum entry, that we can check it?

Regards
Michael

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi StuartNaven,

Did you try to add a new requirement to your Excel - when doing the update - that has the same name as an existing one and is on the same level?

I can reproduce this error if i do an "Update from Excel..." and if my excel sheet contains a second requirement with the same name as an existing requirement on the same level (see attached screenshot from my excel)

Regards

Michael

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
No - it's exactly the same file as the original import - a matter of seconds later - no amendments made to it at all.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Which Silk Central version do you use?
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Silk Central Version 19.0.0.24, Build 8086 from 2018-06-12
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi,

I am pretty sure that there is a duplicate entry in the Excel file. The problem is that duplicates are ignored during first import, but when you use the same file for an update, then you get this error-message.

Can you check again if there are duplicates in the Excel file respectively can you attach your Excel file to this forum entry, that we can check it?

Regards
Michael

View solution in original post

Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Ah - it was the fact that duplicates are accepted on the original import that's thrown me! I did have duplicates in my name - I thought the External GUID was the key.

Thanks for your help.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.