Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Update requirements from Excel: Requirement already exists error

Hi community,

I have the problem that I get the attached error message when I try to update requirements with "Update from Excel..." in the context menu of a requirement "folder" in the tab "Requirements". The "folder" contains 119 requirements.

I found a similar posting here where the solution was removing duplicated from the Excel file. But I have no duplicates. Even if I have only one single line in it, the error message is shown.

What I figured out together with a colleague is that the External GUID is somehow missing in 117 of the 119 requirements in SCTM. For that requirements who have one, updating seems to work. What is strange: updating from Excel worked back in November with exactly the same steps.

So: Would adding the External GUID solve the issue? And how to do it? Thanks in advance.

I use SCTM Version: 19.0.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Update requirements from Excel: Requirement already exists error

Hi @Martin_2 ,

The "Update from Excel" feature is for requirements imported from Excel. The external ID had to be set during the import. Silk Central needs this ID to identify which requirement needs to be updated.

See also https://www.microfocus.com/documentation/silk-central/20.5/en/silkcentral-help-en/GUID-F0CBAD67-D563-4D56-996A-69FEC2B230D8.html

Regards,

Hubert

0 Likes
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi Hubert,

Thank you. But how the External GUID disappeared from the requirements then? From what I see, the only way getting it to work again is importing the requirements once again from scratch to generate the GUIDs again, right?

Regards

Martin

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Yes, make sure the IDs are set and import again.

Maybe the external GUID was not set for the initial import.

Can you check the History tab for the requirements with the ID missing?

Regards,

Hubert

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi,

ok, we just imported the file from November again to a new folder. All the External GUIDs are now available and updating works again.

Thank you for your replies.

Regards

Martin

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.