Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Uploading output.xml to SCTM_EXEC_RESULTSFOLDER

Jump to solution

I'm having trouble figuring out where the results on the machine where my execution server is running need to go for them to get uploaded to silk central's results directory.   I'm on linux, so following this example:

http://documentation.microfocus.com/help/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.microfocus.sctm.doc%2FGUID-C6C056AC-1550-43CF-82AD-EF70DE54C1DF.html

it seemed to me like I'd want test properties like this:

executable name: bash

argument list: ./testScript.sh $SCTM_EXEC_RESULTSFOLDER

and then your test script would write a file output.xml to SCTM_EXEC_RESULTSFOLDER, but my output.xml doesn't show up in the files associated with my test run.  Is SCTM_EXEC_RESULTSFOLDER an environment variable that exists and is defined on the silk central side, or is it something that should be/needs to be defined on the execution server side?  Or is there something else I'm missing?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

SCTM_EXEC_RESULTSFOLDER is set as environment variable to the process executing the process executor test. You can see this with a test having "printenv" as executable name which lists also other variables that are set by Silk Central.

I am not sure why the the value is not replaced in your case when directly using the variable in the test configuration. When using the variable in a script I could get it work.

I have a script mycopy.sh on the execution server with the comamnds:

echo ${SCTM_EXEC_RESULTSFOLDER}

cp /home/user/tmp/output.xml ${SCTM_EXEC_RESULTSFOLDER}

And

argument list:./mycopy.sh

Let me know if this helps.

Best Regards,

Sebastian

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

SCTM_EXEC_RESULTSFOLDER is set as environment variable to the process executing the process executor test. You can see this with a test having "printenv" as executable name which lists also other variables that are set by Silk Central.

I am not sure why the the value is not replaced in your case when directly using the variable in the test configuration. When using the variable in a script I could get it work.

I have a script mycopy.sh on the execution server with the comamnds:

echo ${SCTM_EXEC_RESULTSFOLDER}

cp /home/user/tmp/output.xml ${SCTM_EXEC_RESULTSFOLDER}

And

argument list:./mycopy.sh

Let me know if this helps.

Best Regards,

Sebastian

View solution in original post

Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Thank you, that works! I'm so happy I want to make you cookies!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.