Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Use API from defects plugin

Hi,

I have a defect plugin developed to connect SIlkCentral to Seapine TestTrack Pro.

The plugin works fine, now I have an issue, I need to be able to use inside my plugin values from the currently executed test case where the add defect button was pressed. I need info like the steps description and all the other information related to that specific test case.

I need this info to be able to automatically add it to the defect in specific fields.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Gabriele

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

currently the only possibility to get the test context when an issue is created is parsing the description. The description contains the bookmark to the tests which contains the projectId and testId as parameter. With this ids the web services can be used to get the information you need.

This approach would only work when creating new issues, but not when using "Assign existing issue".

Best Regards,

Sebastian

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks,

I thought about that but the bookmarks are only available in the description at the time you save the new issue, any way to get the bookmarks value at the time the plugin is launched?

Gabriele

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Unfortunately this is not possible.

Sebastian

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is the ExecutionContextInfo Interface of any use in a plugin?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

This is only available when implementing a plugin for a third-party test type integration. It provides access to execution related properties (e.g. execution plan name, where to store result files, ...)

Best Regards,

Sebastian

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.