Absent Member.
Absent Member.

clone projects

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 01 July 2011]

I have 6 projects that are basically like each other - I want to set one up how I want it and then "clone" or copy this and rename or save it as another project so that I don't have to do it another 5 times - can I?
0 Likes
1 Reply

You can copy your projects and follow the approach you have in mind.

You have to consider all things that are globally define - like for example product, version, build, shared steps. If you change them they change in all these products. Hence you might have to duplicate them.

Our suggestion is to do a project per version of a product. Doing this you will have the full benefit out of all built-in views and functionality.

Regards,
Florian
Product Owner - Silk
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.